Our newly expanded 20-acre riverside camp is intended to provide ambiance and charm that will make a lasting impression. The landscaping of the camp harmonizes with nature.
Your camp is gorgeous, the tents and fire ring are perfectly placed … the sounds and smells of the river … this is something I’ll share with my friends. Thank you. –Lauren
- Our camp is quiet, nature based and available only to our guests. Wilderness ambiance with the comforts of home!
- 20 riverside acres with one half mile of riverfront with multiple charming eddies all connected by our nature trail.
- On site Challenge Ropes Course: Nowhere else on the West Coast can you combine zipping, team building and group activities with rafting like you can at MaLode!
- Healthy, delicious meals served from our complete commercial kitchens.
- Tent camping choices range from pitching your own tent as an individual, to comfortable canvas tents you can stand up in, you choose!
Three Separate Camps: “Upper Lode”, “Main Lode”,”Retreat Center”
Multiple groups, want to separate girls from boys, on your honeymoon and want to be all by yourself? It is all easily accommodated!
The “Main Lode” camp and the “Retreat Center” each have 10 platform canvas tent cabins apiece. These are artfully sited with plenty of space between each tent. Cots and foam mattresses are available for your comfort. The Main and Retreat Center camps each have separate bathroom facilities with hot showers, flush toilets and changing areas. Both camps have complete commercial kitchens where we prepare group meals. Stone campfire rings are provided near the river.
The “Glamour Cabin” platform tents with beds, furniture and private riverside sites are features of Main Lode located upstream of the main beach area (colored orange on the map).
“Upper Lode” (sites 21- 32) is easily car accessible and features our most popular camping site, “The Island” accessible by a stone footpath and bridge. Further upstream is more car accessible camping as well as a full “wilderness kitchen” with hot and cold running water, sinks, refrigeration and stoves which are all available for rent to Scouts and other responsible groups who don’t want to haul everything with them.
River Cabin and Eco-House: Not a tent camper? No problem…
- Our charming one bedroom, one bath River Cabin has A/C, heat and a full kitchen.
- Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath Eco-house has all the above, plus solar power, patio with BBQ.
Meeting Space: Two 20-foot in diameter yurts provide indoor space for meetings, yoga, meditation and group sleeping for youth. Each is located near a bathroom for your convenience.
Camp Store: Our “greeting yurt” houses our check in, photo area and camp store for those last minute items such as Chums, a disposable waterproof camera, even sleeping bags if you forgot yours or just flew in from out of town.
Organic garden– we grow tasty veggies on site and the garden is a perfect spot to sit and watch the hummingbirds dart to and fro.
Sustainable Practices Program featuring solar electric power and water heating and uses waste vegetable oil (WVO) based B100 biodiesel for fuel to achieve an 80% carbon reduction over fossil fuels such as diesel and gasoline. We pride ourselves in striving toward achieving the lowest carbon footprint of any river company.