When heading to the Mother Lode River Center, there are two primary routes to take: Highway 80 or Highway 50. Read on for more detailed instructions for both routes.
We also recommend printing out these instructions prior to your departure, to be prepared during your drive. There is limited cell service in the Coloma area, so please plan accordingly if you will be relying on a smartphone for navigation.
Arriving from Highway 80
- From Highway 80, take the Elm Ave exit in Auburn, California
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Downtown/Auburn
- Turn left onto Elm Ave
- Turn left onto CA-193 E/CA-49 S/El Dorado St/High St
- Continue straight through the next stoplight to descend down into a steep canyon.
- After 2.4 miles, turn right onto CA-193 E / CA 49 S
- Continue to follow CA 49 S for 11.5 miles.
- Your destination will be on the right, just after the public river access signs at Greenwood Creek.
Arriving from Highway 50
- Follow US-50 E to S Shingle Rd in Shingle Springs. Take the exit toward Ponderosa Rd from US-50 E.
- Turn left onto S Shingle Rd (signs for US-50 W/Sacramento)
- Turn right onto N Shingle Rd
- After 4 miles, continue straight onto Green Valley Rd which will become Lotus Rd.
- After 6.7 miles, turn left onto CA-49 N.
- You will drive through the small town of Coloma. Continue straight through the stop sign next to the ‘Coloma Club Saloon’ for 2.4 miles.
- Your destination will be on the left. Watch for signs that say Mother Lode River Center.